To change the camera quality:
- Click on the Configure -> Locations -> Edit Location
- Click on the Cameras tab, then click on the camera where the error was seen:
- Click on Native Camera Config. Select Local if your browser is on the same network as the camera. If you're not sure, select Remote:
- You may be presented with a list of the camera's recommended settings and whether the current settings match (the green checks in the upper right). Login to the camera:
- Each camera's configuration menu will be different. For this Spot camera, the menu is Configuration -> Video:
- The recommended camera settings are:
- Video Encoding: H.265
- Resolution: 1920x1080
- Framerate: 15
- Rate control: VBR
- I-Frame Rate: 15
- Bit Rate: 2048
We don't support H265+ at this time. Please ensure that Framerate and I-Frame Rate are the same.
Not all cameras will have the same options as shown.
Repeat the above steps on all cameras associated with the appliance. Misconfigured cameras can lead to the error being experienced on properly configured cameras.
- If the error persists, select Auto Quality. For example, select Live -> click on the gear icon in the lower right of the screen -> Select Auto:
If none of the suggestions helped, please provide the following to Support:
- Affected location
- The name or IP address of the camera experiencing playback issues
- What is the affected time frame? (If this is happening when viewing historical footage)
- Are there any other affected cameras?
We hope this article was useful to you, please leave us a comment or feedback as it will help us improve our customer support center.