Logging into the Camera GUI
Note: This guide uses Spot AI cameras. If you are using cameras from another vendor you can access the cameras same way as mentioned below (steps 1-5), but may see different menus and options changing video and audio settings.
- Bring the camera online using DHCP IP and authenticate it on the Spot AI dashboard (if the camera is already online, skip to Step 2)
- On the Spot AI Dashboard, navigate to the Configure Tab >> Location and select "Edit Location"
- Navigate to the Cameras tab and click on the camera for which you want to change the settings
- Click on "Native Camera Config" and clock the "Navigate Remotely" button (see below)
- Enter the camera username and password in order to access the camera's GUI
Changing Camera Resolution
- In the camera GUI, navigate to Setup >> Video & Audio and select the sub-option for "Video"
- The recommended video resolution for cameras to have a better video quality with Spot system should be as followed: (attached screenshot)
- Video Encoding: H.265
- Resolution: 1920x1080
- Framerate: 15
- Rate control: VBR
- I-Frame Rate: 15
- Bit Rate: 2048
3. Save the changes, you should now see them reflected in the Spot AI Dashboard
Camera Audio Configuration (How to Enable or Disable Audio)
- In the camera GUI, navigate to Setup >> Video & Audio and select the sub-option for "Audio"
- If you want to enable Audio, check the "Audio Enable" and leave the default audio input and encode. Check that the volume is set between 30 -50 (audible) as seen in the screenshot below
- Save the changes.
4. In the Spot AI Dashboard, navigate to Configure >> Settings and "Audio Controls" on
5. You will now see an audio control option when you hover over the Spot AI Player on the Live or Search tab
Camera Rotation (how to fix upside down cameras)
- In the camera GUI, navigate to Setup >> Image and select the sub-option for "Image"
- Select Image rotation
- Select one of the options, depending on how you want to adjust the image.
- Save the settings and you will see camera rotation reflect on camera Live footage view
We hope this article was useful to you, please leave us a comment or feedback as it will help us improve our customer support center.