Here's how to set NTP on the Spot AI cameras:
- Access the camera's configuration page.
- Log into the camera
- Go to Configuration
- Go to System > System Configuration
- Go to Time Settings
- To set NTP to the Spot AI appliance, change SNTP to Customize
- Set the custom field to the IP address of the appliance that is reachable from the camera.
- This is typically the IP address on the appliance where the first three octets match that of the camera.
- Ex. Appliance IPs: 192.168.4.3 and 10.10.5.3, Camera IP: 192.168.4.6
- 192.168.4.# matches for both the camera's IP and the appliance's IP, therefore 192.168.4.3 (the appliance IP) would be the correct IP to use for the NTP server on the camera.
- More information about NTP on the Spot AI Appliance.
- If you're unsure about which IP to use, contact your network administrator or Spot AI Support.
- Make sure NTP auto-time is set to On
- Set the Time Interval to however often you would like the camera to sync time (usually somewhere between 10 and 60 minutes)
- Click Save
The appliance can be used as an NTP server for all cameras that support NTP in their configuration page. The steps for other brands and models will be similar but may have different menu options to get to the NTP setting.
We hope this article was useful to you, please leave us a comment or feedback as it will help us improve our customer support center.