This document is most helpful for IT staff.
By default, the Spot IVR will attempt to get an IP address automatically through DHCP. The Spot IVR can, however, have an IP address statically assigned to it. This article will guide a user through adding a static IP address to the Spot IVR.
Differences between DHCP and Static IP
|DHCP IP||Static IP|
Steps to set a Static IP
Configure a Static IP
Step 1: Access the Spot IVR's local troubleshooting page using this article
Step 2: Once on the troubleshooting page, scroll to the "Network Interfaces and Configuration" section at the bottom of the page
Step 3: Configure the IP, gateway, and DNS
- The static IP address will need to be in CIDR format, for example, 172.22.222.5/24, where 172.22.222.5 is the IP address that's assigned to the IVR and the /24 is the subnet.
Note: Please use an IP address from your network when configuring it on the Spot IVR.
- The gateway will be the IP address of the router that is upstream from the IVR, which is likely the device that connects you to the internet. In our example, we will use 172.22.222.1.
- The DNS server is used to convert a human-readable name, such as google.com, into a machine-readable IP address, such as 18.104.22.168. A few reliable public DNS servers are Google (22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199), OpenDNS (188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206), and Cloudflare (220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168). It's best to set two servers for redundancy.
- If the static IP is for the IVR to get out to the internet, make sure to set the DHCP toggle to off. If DHCP is left on, the IVR will attempt to get DHCP and use that IP for accessing the internet.
Note: Public IP addresses cannot be statically configured on the Spot IVR.
Step 4: Save the changes by clicking on 'Save Configuration'
- It may take a minute or two for the changes to be applied to the IVR. Once enough time has passed, refresh the page to see the new IP configuration.
We hope this article was useful to you, please leave us a comment or feedback as it will help us improve our customer support center.